Over the last two decades, the field of banking and insurance has become increasingly technical, specialized and competitive. Innovations in IT have revolutionized this industry and the entry of global players in this industry has made the market even more competitive. Banking and insurance organizations now require employees who could exhibit skills, knowledge and experience beyond those provided by typical traditional academic institutes. As a result, there is a significant demand for academic courses that specially focus on the concepts and skills specially required for the banking and insurance business.
To meet this demand and also building on the strength of its existing programs, BIC offers Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking and Insurance( BBA – BI) program. The BBA – BI is a four- year bachelor degree program spread over eight semesters. A student needs to successfully complete 126 credit hours of course work, a summer project and an internship before graduation.
The objective of the BBA – BI program is to provide sound knowledge base, conceptual understanding and skills in the areas of business and management with specific focus in the areas of finance, banking and insurance. It aims to create learning opportunities that enable the students to acquire strong theoretical foundation, practical skills and the attitude to succeed
The specific objectives are to enable students to:
- Acquire sound knowledge base and conceptual understanding of business management, banking, finance and insurance.
- Be independent, critical and creative thinkers with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Develop the ability to lead and work in teams and individually.
- Nurture positive attitude and self confidence.
- Make competent in written and oral communication, including the ability to use electronic media and computers for business communication.
Further Study Options
The BBA – BI graduates will have a very sound academic and professional foundation to enable them to pursue Masters Level (MBA –general or MBA specialized in Banking and Insurance and so on) studies in Banking, Finance, Insurance, General Business Administration and other related areas.